The 10 Best Gel Pens of 2020
If you want the control of a ballpoint pen with the vibrant and various colors of paint then look no further then gel pens. Of course, not all pens are created equal, and there are various aspects that make certain ones better than others.
We researched and analyzed the pens on the market for quality of ink, the tip size, the durability of the casing, and the general design and style of pens in order to find the best gel pens on the market today.
This list is sure to help you make a conscious and confident decision about which is the best pen for you.
- 10 Best Gel Pens on the Market:
- 1. 100 Color Glitter Gel Pen Set, 30% More Ink Neon Glitter Coloring Pens Art Marker for Adult Coloring Books Bullet Journaling Crafting Doodling Drawing
- 2. Tanmit Gel Pens Set Colored Pen Fine Point Art Marker Pen 36 Unique Colors for Adult Coloring Books Kid Doodling Scrapbooking Drawing Writing Sketching Highlighter Pens
- 3. KACO Retractable Gel ink Pens,Extra Fine Point (0.5 mm)-20 Pack,Assorted Colors
- 4. Gel Pens Set Colored Gel Art Markers Fine Point Pen with 40% More Ink for Adult Coloring Books Drawing Doodling Scrapbooking (24 Colors)
- 5. Sakura Gelly Roll Moonlight Pen Set, 1 mm Bold Tip, Assorted Colors, Pack of 10
- 6. Tanmit 240 Gel Pens Set 120 Colored Gel Pen plus 120 Refills for Adults Coloring Books Drawing Art Markers (No Duplicates)
- 7. BIC Gel-ocity Quick Dry Retractable Gel Pen, Medium Point (0.7 mm), Assorted Colors, 8-Count
- 8. PILOT G2 Premium Refillable & Retractable Rolling Ball Gel Pens, Bold Point, Black Ink, 12 Count
- 9. Shuttle Art 120 Unique Colors (No Duplicates) Gel Pens Gel Pen Set for Adult Coloring Books Art Markers
- 10. Smart Color Art 140 Colors Gel Pens Set Gel Pen for Adult Coloring Books Drawing Painting Writing
- Making the Decision
10 Best Gel Pens on the Market:
1. 100 Color Glitter Gel Pen Set, 30% More Ink Neon Glitter Coloring Pens Art Marker for Adult Coloring Books Bullet Journaling Crafting Doodling Drawing
The smooth writing and pigmented ink of this set make it among the best glitter pens for bullet journaling, crafting, or writing letters. With 100 colors to choose from, the only decision you will have to make is which color to use next.
This pack features 100 different colored glitter pens with a medium-fine tip and comfort grips for ease of use. From neon colors to more neutral tones, there is a color to fit your every need.
Frequent users of this set boast the smooth application and even, consistent coverage. Many agree these are the top gel pens for adult coloring books and often people have boasted buying a second set after running out their first set.
The vast array of colors make this a perfect set for adult coloring books, elaborate drawings or doodles, or even a very colorful handwritten letter. If you are a fan of glitter, this set is just right for you!
2. Tanmit Gel Pens Set Colored Pen Fine Point Art Marker Pen 36 Unique Colors for Adult Coloring Books Kid Doodling Scrapbooking Drawing Writing Sketching Highlighter Pens
This Tanmit set offers a variety of premium, top-quality pens with five different types of gel ink to write with. The smooth writing gel ink avoids skipping, smearing, or bleeding through and is perfect for coloring.
These clear pens allow you to see the ink color and come in a variety of various ink styles including metallic, neon, glitter, pastel, as well as standard classic colors.
You’ll be making excuses to write letters and buy more adult coloring books just to look for a reason to use these pens. Previous buyers have boasted buying multiple sets of these pens to share with friends and family.
With the variety of colors and ink styles, these pens are sure to be a favorite in your collection.
3. KACO Retractable Gel ink Pens,Extra Fine Point (0.5 mm)-20 Pack,Assorted Colors
The modern design of this 20-pack and variety of colors easily make it the best retractable gel ink pens you can buy today. KACO leads the market in style and design with this affordable set of pens.
Aside from the minimal and modern design, these pens have a soft grip for a comfortable writing experience. The fine point makes them great for journaling, taking notes, or writing letters.
The colors are gorgeous and the rollerball glides across the page with ease. Be warned that the white-colored pen has a brownish colored ink and there is no actual white pen to write within this set.
A fine point retractable pen with a modern style, this set is perfect for a bullet journaler or someone looking to make colorful notes and letters.
4. Gel Pens Set Colored Gel Art Markers Fine Point Pen with 40% More Ink for Adult Coloring Books Drawing Doodling Scrapbooking (24 Colors)
This variety set includes glitter, neon, and pastel colors with varying tip thickness depending on the color. It is perfect for scrapbooking, adult coloring books, and is the best pens for students taking notes.
With a comfort grip and a great variety of colors, these pens will keep you writing and coloring for hours. Aen Art has fast-drying ink and smooth ink flow for a skip and smudge-free writing and coloring.
At under ten dollars, previous buyers of this set say it is well worth the price. The fast-drying ink is one of the most popular features as most pens take a while to dry. The variety of glitter, pastel, and neon allows you to use these pens for a variety of crafty tasks or colorful note-taking.
With great variety at such an affordable price, these are definitely among the best pens available today.
5. Sakura Gelly Roll Moonlight Pen Set, 1 mm Bold Tip, Assorted Colors, Pack of 10
Sakura was the first company to introduce gel pens into the American market in the late 1980s and the Gelly Roll pens are still one of the best selling today. They are the top pens for art and scrapbooking as they easily write on both black and white paper.
These pens come in fine, medium, and thick tips and you can choose between neon, pastel, black, glitter, or even clear glitter ink colors. The premium rollerball reduces ink skipping that happens with lesser quality.
These pens have been in the market for 30 years and even professional illustrators boost the quality of the Sakura Gelly Roll brand. Many owners of these pens love the fact that these gel ink pens can write on both light paper as well as dark paper.
This tried and trusted brand has been around for decades for a reason. Sakura Gelly Roll pens are the best for art and well worth the price!
6. Tanmit 240 Gel Pens Set 120 Colored Gel Pen plus 120 Refills for Adults Coloring Books Drawing Art Markers (No Duplicates)
Two of each color, make for the best pen set for coloring. If you are into doodling or adult coloring books, these pens are sure to keep you busy for hours.
These clear-body pens allow you to see the color of the ink to know exactly which color you will be writing with. The packs contain glitter, metallic, neon, pastel, fluorescent, and rainbow colors to provide you with colors for any craft you are working on.
People who use these pens say that they are a great value for what you get. Because the pens come with duplicates of each color these pens are perfect for coloring since they will last a long time.
With over a hundred colors to choose from this set is perfect for doodling and adult coloring books and is a great value for what you are getting.
7. BIC Gel-ocity Quick Dry Retractable Gel Pen, Medium Point (0.7 mm), Assorted Colors, 8-Count
Bic is a well-known brand for a variety of pens and can be considered the best brand of pens. The super-smooth and quick-drying ink make this pen perfect for journaling and note-taking.
The entire barrel of the pen has a rubberized grip which makes it each and comfortable to hold this pen for hours of writing. The medium point and smooth ink flow make these the best pen for notes.
Frequent users of the Bic Gel-ocity pens say they are by far the best pens on the market and would easily purchase them again. Left-handed users are pleased with the quick-drying ink which leads to far less smudging for lefties. Do not forget that it is important for lefties to choose the right pen.
This worldwide and well-known brand are a great deal for under ten dollars and are the best pens on the market for note-taking students and writers.
8. PILOT G2 Premium Refillable & Retractable Rolling Ball Gel Pens, Bold Point, Black Ink, 12 Count
Another well-known brand of a pen is Pilot and the G2 gel ink pen is one of the best gel pen for writing. This pen has been proven to be the longest writing pen over every other top brand of a gel ink pen.
This pen features a bold tip and comfort grip which makes it great for writing for long periods of time. The translucent barrel allows you to see how much ink is left in the pen. The smooth writing ink makes this among the best bold gel pen.
People who use this pen boast that this is the best pen on the market. The smooth, bold ink makes writing comfortable and easy and the fact that the pen is retractable makes this pen easy to carry around.
Although this is one of the pricier gel ink pens on the market, it is superior to others in many ways and is by far the best pen for writing.
9. Shuttle Art 120 Unique Colors (No Duplicates) Gel Pens Gel Pen Set for Adult Coloring Books Art Markers
This package includes the best-colored gel pens for writing. With 120 different colors to choose from you can make your journaling and note-taking more vibrant and organized.
The high quality of this gel ink is consistent with no skips and the fine tip makes writing neat and organized. These pens include “magical” ink colors which start as one color when you write and dry into a different color, making your writing experience more fun.
Many people have said that these are the best pen they have used. They are also a great product for the price.
For the price you will pay, you will be getting a great deal of 120 uniquely colored pens that are perfect the perfect colored gel ink pens for writing.
10. Smart Color Art 140 Colors Gel Pens Set Gel Pen for Adult Coloring Books Drawing Painting Writing
The transparent barrel of these pens allows you to see the color you are drawing with for better accuracy in your art. The package that this set comes in makes for easy organization and the colors include metallic, swirl, pastel, neon, and standard.
People who have purchased these pens love the variety of colors as well as how long the ink seems to last. The pens flow exceptionally well which avoids any skipping in drawing or writing.
With the variety offered for the price, these are definitely the gel pens to buy if you are looking to draw or color.
Making the Decision
The decision of which gel pen to buy depends on personal preference. Are you planning to bullet journal? Color in adult coloring books? Or would you rather take notes in class and doodle? No matter what you plan to do there is are gel pen on this list for you!