The 10 Best Pens for Bullet Journaling in 2020: Gel, Brush, Fine Tip Picks & More!
Anyone with a bullet journal understands the importance of a variety of pens. The key to an organized and aesthetically-pleasing bullet journal is quality colored pens. We researched and analyzed various pens on the market to find the best colored pens for journaling.
When we analyzed the best pens for bullet journaling, we looked at features such as the size and style of the pen tip, the quality of the ink and the variety of colors available to help you best organize and personalize your planner.
Whether you’re new to bullet journaling and looking to start, or you are a seasoned journaler who wants more variety for your creativity, this list is sure to help you find what you need.
- 10 Best Colored Pens for Journaling:
- 1. Sakura Pigma 30068 Micron Blister Card Ink Pen Set, Ass’t Colors, 01 8CT Set
- 2. Tombow Pen Dual Brush Markers (Bright)
- 3. iBayam Journal Planner Pens Colored Pens Fine Point Markers Fine Tip Drawing Pens Porous Fineliner Pen for Bullet Journaling Writing Note Taking Calendar Coloring Art Office School Supplies, 18 Colors
- 4. MyLifeUNIT Fineliner Color Pen Set, 0.4mm Colored Fine Liner Sketch Drawing Pen, Pack of 10 Assorted Colors
- 5. Huhuhero Fineliner Color Pen Set, 0.38 mm Fine Line Drawing Pen, Porous Fine Point Markers Perfect for Writing Note Taking Calendar Agenda Coloring Art School Office Supplies, Pack of 10
- 6. Tanmit Gel Pens Set Colored Pen Fine Point Art Marker Pen 36 Unique Colors for Adult Coloring Books Kid Doodling Scrapbooking Drawing Writing Sketching Highlighter Pens
- 7. KACO Retractable Gel ink Pens,Extra Fine Point (0.5 mm)-20 Pack,Assorted Colors
- 8. BIC MSBAPP241-A-AST Cristal Xtra Bold Fashion Ballpoint Pen, Medium Point (1.6mm), Assorted Colors, 24-Count
- 9. Paper Mate Gel Pens | InkJoy Pens, Medium Point, Assorted, 10 Count
- 10. Nylea 15 Pack Calligraphy Brush Marker Pens – Best Brush Pens for Bullet Journaling
- Making The Decision
10 Best Colored Pens for Journaling:
1. Sakura Pigma 30068 Micron Blister Card Ink Pen Set, Ass’t Colors, 01 8CT Set
The Sakura Pigma set is the best if you are looking for bullet journal pens that don’t bleed. The ultra-fine tip is perfect for drawing straight, crisp lines to make your journal look clean.
Pigma uses pigmented as opposed to dye ink. This means that the ink is far less likely to bleed into the paper or smear while you write. The eight different colors allow you to make your journal personalized and cheerful.
People have described these as their favorite pens ever and that they are even great for beginners. They have been around for so long for a reason: people love these classic pens.
For an affordabel price you can have a set of pens that keeps your lines straight and your journal organized.
2. Tombow Pen Dual Brush Markers (Bright)
Another set of dual-brush pens that make good brush pens for bullet journaling is the Tombow 10-pack.
These flexible brush-tip pens come with nine vibrant colors and one blending pen for extra creativity. The ink is water-based and non-toxic and does not bleed on the paper. Perfect pens for writing lists and titles in your bullet journal.
Though these pens are a bit more expensive, regular users of this set say that it is well worth the investment. People who have bought these pens say they are the best pens for brush calligraphy.
The dual-tip pens make this set perfect for personalizing your bullet journal.
3. iBayam Journal Planner Pens Colored Pens Fine Point Markers Fine Tip Drawing Pens Porous Fineliner Pen for Bullet Journaling Writing Note Taking Calendar Coloring Art Office School Supplies, 18 Colors
This affordable set includes the best-colored pens for writing to-do lists and goals in your planner or bullet planner.
These fine-tip marker pens come in 18 different colors that are water-based and dry quickly to prevent smearing. They are great for drawing fine lines, journaling, and sketching in sketchbooks for markers.
Users of these pens enjoy the minimal bleeding and say they are perfect for bullet journaling. People love how slim and easy to hold these pens are.
At such an affordable price for a variety of colors and a satisfaction guarantee, this pen set is well worth adding to your collection.
4. MyLifeUNIT Fineliner Color Pen Set, 0.4mm Colored Fine Liner Sketch Drawing Pen, Pack of 10 Assorted Colors
MyLifeUNIT offers an extremely affordable pack of 10 different colored fine-point pens that are excellent for bullet journaling. This set comes in a convenient vinyl bag for ease of travel.
Each fine-line pen has acid-free, water-based ink that provides minimal bleeding on the page. Each slim pen has an ergonomic shape for ease of writing and they can be left uncapped for days without drying up.
Customers boast that these pens write clean and do not bleed through paper. Left-handed writers say that the ink dries quickly to prevent smearing on the paper. Important to choose the best pens for lefties.
For the price this is one of the best starter kits of pens for bullet journaling.
5. Huhuhero Fineliner Color Pen Set, 0.38 mm Fine Line Drawing Pen, Porous Fine Point Markers Perfect for Writing Note Taking Calendar Agenda Coloring Art School Office Supplies, Pack of 10
This set of 10 pens of vibrant colors is affordable and excellent quality. Each fiber tipped pen is designed for fine lines perfect for organizing your bullet journal.
The thin, modern design of these pens have a 0.38mm tip for drawing detailed lines.
Experienced bullet journalers say that this set beats out Sharpie fine point markers for a more affordable price. Frequent users of the Huhuhero pens love the quality and the color selection.
With a reasonable price and a satisfaction guarantee, these pens are great for beginners and seasoned journalers alike.
6. Tanmit Gel Pens Set Colored Pen Fine Point Art Marker Pen 36 Unique Colors for Adult Coloring Books Kid Doodling Scrapbooking Drawing Writing Sketching Highlighter Pens
Tanmit makes the best-colored pens for journaling. This set of 36 unique colors will make your bullet journal pop. The colors include metallic, glitter, neon and pastel hues. Each pen is non-toxic and comes with a rubberized comfort grip to keep your hand comfortable for hours of journaling.
People have said that they’ve purchased this particular set of pens multiple times. They enjoy the variety of colors for coloring and journaling alike.
An affordable set of gel pens is essential for bullet journaling and this Tanmit pack will not disappoint.
7. KACO Retractable Gel ink Pens,Extra Fine Point (0.5 mm)-20 Pack,Assorted Colors
KACO offers a beautiful set of modern-looking retractable pens in a pack of 20 various colors. These gel ink pens in a plastic barrel will make a great addition to your collection.
Each pen has a soft-touch plastic barrel with an ergonomic design for comfort during long bouts of planning and writing. The pens are great for both drawing and note-taking, which makes them perfect for bullet journaling.
Customers who have used these pens love the colors and the quality of the non-skipping ink.
These retractable gel pens are beautiful, well-constructed and easy to use. They will make your journaling experience much more enjoyable.
8. BIC MSBAPP241-A-AST Cristal Xtra Bold Fashion Ballpoint Pen, Medium Point (1.6mm), Assorted Colors, 24-Count
A classic in the industry, the Bic Cristal ballpoint pens have been a favorite for journals for many years.
The vibrant colors available in this 24-pack come with a bold tip that is perfect for drawing lines and writing lists. Cristal pens are known for gliding easily across the page and write smoothly.
Regular users of these pens love the classic use of the Bic Cristal brand in new and bold colors for their journaling.
The new colors of this classic brand of the pen make them a great addition to your office supply collection.
9. Paper Mate Gel Pens | InkJoy Pens, Medium Point, Assorted, 10 Count
Paper Mate is another industry standard for pens and the InkJoy gel pens are no exception.
The plastic barrel has a rubberized comfort grip and the medium point makes bold lines. The 14 different colors are sure to add variety and personalization to your bullet journal.
For the cheap price you can get this set of retractable pens to add to your collection.
These gorgeous dual-tipped pens are among the best-colored pens for bullet journaling. With this modern-looking set of pens is perfect for fine lines as well as brush calligraphy.
This set of 15 pens offers a variety of colors and the dual felt tips make these great for drawing straight lines, large titles and small notes, to make your bullet journal detailed and organized. The various colors and fine tips also make these the best pens for bible journaling.
Frequent users of this set of pens say that they are great quality for the price and make a great gift for any creative person in your life.
For the price, these pens are a great investment for making your bullet journal more personalized and creative. And because they come with a money-back guarantee, you can try them without worry.
Making The Decision
If you are looking for some of the best colored pens for journaling, this list is sure to help you find what you need. Whether you are considering quantity, quality or price, there is something here for everyone.
From beginning bullet journalers to long-time users of the bullet journal system, all the pens available in this list will help improve your organization.
If you are looking for ballpoint, brush-tip or gel ink there is something here for you. With so many varieties to choose from you can start improving your bullet journaling today.